MODELLJERNBANEFORENINGEN I NORGE (MJF) - forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Norwegian Houses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
hburg01 View Drop Down
Nykommer
Nykommer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hburg01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Norwegian Houses
    Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 08:53
Hi!

Beklager for skrive dette i Engelsk :-)

One of my friends in Holland owns a large modeltrain store, and is since last year active with laser-cutting. With this technique he can and is making any kind of houses, stations etc.. predominantly in the H0 size.
This has become very populair both in Holland and Germany.

As he has been many times to me in Norway to look at my modeltrain layout, he is considering using the same technique for Norwegian houses. Purpose is to make a set of ready made houses/kits, and or make models on special requests.

My question to all of you is, is there a market for this, in other words are you interested in this? I noticed that most of you make Norwegian houses yourself!?

I think, but am not sure, that a minimum price would be about 40 euro"s for a laser-cut house.

Any input is appreciated!

Hans van der Burg

Hilsen,

Hans van der Burg
Ørjan View Drop Down
Fremo og MjF medlem
Fremo og MjF medlem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ørjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 12:25
Yes please,Clap would be my answer.

There are many that are scratchbuilding their houses, so I would recon that there are a need for this.
Mvh
Ørjan Utne
Kor går toget idag??
hburg01 View Drop Down
Nykommer
Nykommer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hburg01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 12:31
Thanks!

What is the most wanted periode for norwegian houses, epoche iv, iii, or older!?

Hans

Hilsen,

Hans van der Burg
Ørjan View Drop Down
Fremo og MjF medlem
Fremo og MjF medlem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ørjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 12:41
any....
Mvh
Ørjan Utne
Kor går toget idag??
hburg01 View Drop Down
Nykommer
Nykommer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hburg01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 12:45
flott!

Ett spørsmal til:
- byggetegninger. how is this arranged in Norway. For example to get drawings from those houses, or for example of Oslo station etc.. Are these public available?

Sorry for all the questions :-)

Hans
Hilsen,

Hans van der Burg
Ørjan View Drop Down
Fremo og MjF medlem
Fremo og MjF medlem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ørjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 12:51

Byggetegninger er tilgjengelige!

Either Library or kommune eller slikt. (mix of english/norwegian)
Mvh
Ørjan Utne
Kor går toget idag??
jevistad View Drop Down
FREMO-forummedlem
FREMO-forummedlem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jevistad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 16:44
Originally posted by hburg01 hburg01 wrote:

Thanks!

What is the most wanted periode for norwegian houses, epoche iv, iii, or older!?

Hans

Bra tiltak!

Jeg kunne ønsket meg eldre småhusbebyggelse fra epoke I, II og III som ofte finnes langs jernbanen litt utenfor sentrum i byene.
Det er som regel her man har behov for mange hus og det blir for tidkrevende å bygge alle fra scratch.
I mitt tilfelle rund Sandnes stasjonSmile

Roger View Drop Down
Fremo og MjF medlem
Fremo og MjF medlem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 16:59
Hi!

There is a lack of norwegian buildings on the market, so they are most wanted.
I would recomend a more generic approach to the buildings, so the could suit different eras. - But clappboard and board-and-batten woodbuildings would be the order of the day.
Instead of unique stationbuildings like you mentioned, Oslo, I would opt for the "type-stations" used for several different stations on different railways.

What I would like to see is:
  • Onefamily houses, wood and generic design.
  • fourfamily houses, wood and generic design.
  • Type-stations in wood, usable for different railways.
  • Freightsheds in wood.
  • And lineside industries in wood.

I think 40 Euros would be reasonable for a reasonable detailed kit of a fair size.

Med vennlig hilsen

RGER
“Det finnes ett forbilde for alt”
kokken View Drop Down
Fremo og MjF medlem
Fremo og MjF medlem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kokken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 18:01
Hi, I"ve got the drawings on Snarum station on Krøderbanen. If it i possible to get that building lasercut for a set, it would be nice Smile
Mvh

Tom-Andrè Engebretsen
http://www.kokken.mj-blogger.no
ses View Drop Down
Fremo og MjF medlem
Fremo og MjF medlem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 18:11
Snarum station would be a good choice for a smaller Norwegian station from the late 1800-time, since this type was used on 17 different stations in Norway on many different railroads from Stavanger-Egersund Rwy to Røros Raiway. The type is called "Hvalstad type" after one of these 17. The picture below is one of these: Stai station at Røros Rwy.

Svein S
aha View Drop Down
FREMO-forummedlem
FREMO-forummedlem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 18:46
Hi!
Do not know what era it is but for me this is a typical Norwegian house from the 1970"s

I take 2 of theseWink
Arne
PaTrond View Drop Down
Viderekommen
Viderekommen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaTrond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 18:58
Would the laser cutting make the wood panels too? 40€ (310NOK) sounds reasonable (to a point at least.)
Aren"t there people at this forum using SoldWorks? I"ve used it myself, but I"m using Mac at the moment. Anyway, SolidWorks is extremely useful when it comes to different types of 3D-printing/ -cutting.
If the laser cutter has a plug-in for ArchiCAD too there is no problem for me to make 3D models.

Svein_H View Drop Down
Fremo og MjF medlem
Fremo og MjF medlem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Svein_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 19:07
I think this is a great initiative!Thumbs Up

I"d love a generic collection of older houses from the "Swiss style" era (1840-1920). A lot of these houses are still standing today, both modernized and restaured to their original splendor. Typical of the era are the detailed ornaments and woodcarvings in many different variations, plus the fact that a few generic footprints and shapes can result in a multitude of different houses.

Here"s a link to a site with more info on this subject.

Svein

H0, norsk på 50-tallet en gang
Min hjemmeside
Laurenz View Drop Down
Medlem i MJF
Medlem i MJF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 19:20
Hoi Hans,

Drawings can be optained from a number of sources. At the railway museum in Hamar you can drawings for most stations and a lot of other buildings.
Drawings of modern house you could get from the catalogues of many house construction companies. Drawings of older houses I am sure can be found in some libraries and certainly the archives of the kommune(gemeente).
Considering the general price level in Norway I would say €40-50 is very reasonable. Typical norwegian houses are close to impossible to get as I am sure you allready know so this is very interessting!

Groetjes,
Laurenz
Stian View Drop Down
Medlem i MJF
Medlem i MJF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 19:40
I could really prefer Ygre station, Garnes station, old Arna station, Haukeland station, Nesttun station, Krøden station or Vikersud staton. Some freight houses would also been "tatt godt i mot"Smile 
Norsk matriell en gang på 60-70tallet

Mvh stian
hburg01 View Drop Down
Nykommer
Nykommer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hburg01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 21:39
Hi all!

Thanks for all the nice feedback, looks like there is an interest.
kokken: Can you send me what you have per personal email? I"ll send it to my friend, and see what he can do as a start.

Do note that the price indicated is a minimum, and is depending on size(who ever said size does not matter, hehe :-)) and other influences.

Patrond: I"ll keep your offer in mind, great thanks!
jevistad fra Sandnes: Jeg er fra Nærbø :-)  Jæren er best!
I myself have N-scale, so am in the minority here in Norway,hehe. But 26m2 so enough to do, lol!

All, I"ll come back with more info as soon as!

Hans
Hilsen,

Hans van der Burg
MY1201 View Drop Down
FREMO-forummedlem
FREMO-forummedlem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MY1201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 22:30

What about a typical Norwegian barn and farmhouse?
Magne H.L.

Norsk, dansk og det som er artig.
Ørjan View Drop Down
Fremo og MjF medlem
Fremo og MjF medlem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ørjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 mai 2010 at 22:59
Originally posted by hburg01 hburg01 wrote:

Hi all!

Patrond: I"ll keep your offer in mind, great thanks!
jevistad fra Sandnes: Jeg er fra Nærbø :-)  Jæren er best!
I myself have N-scale, so am in the minority here in Norway,hehe. But 26m2 so enough to do, lol!

Hans...
Bryne er jo midt imellomWink
Mvh
Ørjan Utne
Kor går toget idag??
PaTrond View Drop Down
Viderekommen
Viderekommen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaTrond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 mai 2010 at 02:19
Something by Snoarc (Snøhetta Arkitekter) would be nice
I"m more into modern houses with more or less inspiration from older houses. Other than that I would prefer log cabins with or without panelling from 1800-present.
http://www.belco.no/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/nyheter/stort_opplegg_paa_klosteroeya_skien/9338-1-nor-NO/stort_opplegg_paa_klosteroeya_skien_largelightbox.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_G75iQkI5x6A/StPGb_zfzwI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/w4vGKZA6Y-g/s400/snipetorp%2520i%2520skien.jpg

An example of a little transformer house made in modules (yep, the panels, door, concrete, etc. is all separate): http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3504820&l=0591f34816&id=718780574
Made in Solidworks (Student lisenced - no commercial use)

hburg01 View Drop Down
Nykommer
Nykommer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hburg01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 mai 2010 at 09:26
Hi All,

Kokken: could you please send the drawings of that station as soon as possible?
Ørjan: så flott, Bryne! Looks like an expansion of train-friends here, hehe :-)

All,

We"ve decided to start with a test. This because perhaps you guys don"t like it, or is there something else :-)
So, we will make 10 of the Snarum station layout first, in H0 scale.
As soon as I received the drawings from Kokken, we will get started. The process is that from these drawings new drawings are made for the laser-cutting machine, then the materials need to be ordered. We use the same materials as Noch uses for their new bridges and such, and the level of detail is astonishing!
Wood cladding/panels, all little details are included.

These 10 examples will be delivered as model-sets, so just like Faller and such, you need to put them together. Material is perfect to apply some weathering yourself also!

We then collect the feedback from the ones that bought these 10, and use that to see what details need to be adjusted in regards to typical Norwegian details, and this will then serve as the basis for future development of more houses.

We expect to be ready with these 10, right after the summer. If there are more then 10 already interested than let me know please, no problem to make more in the 1st batch!
Should this kick-off, we will then also make a website where the models can be bought, and drawings be sent for new models etc.. But for now, please use this forum or my private email addresss.

Hope everyone thinks this is a good idea and the right way forward!

Regards,

Hans van der Burg
Hilsen,

Hans van der Burg
øystein lb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote øystein lb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 mai 2010 at 09:47

Send one to me! I order one now. I have use thes days to bild one of this:http://forum.mjf.no/forum_posts.asp?TID=5394&title=holdeplass-i-h0

Its made from bass wood i think, contact Håvard H and ask. This material is very plessent to work whit. But i think that you need to bay some kappler or Northestern strippwood to.
Blogg: http://nesttunrailway.wordpress.com/

Epost: oysteinlb(krøllalfa)gmail.com

Tron
hburg01 View Drop Down
Nykommer
Nykommer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hburg01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 mai 2010 at 10:06

As said, after the summer :-)
Making the drawings and doing the programming will take some time, but I"ll keep you in mind!

Hans
Hilsen,

Hans van der Burg
øystein lb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote øystein lb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 mai 2010 at 10:14
thank you. i dont men that i need this bilding now, but that i order one when they are compleated and redy for sale.
Blogg: http://nesttunrailway.wordpress.com/

Epost: oysteinlb(krøllalfa)gmail.com

Tron
hburg01 View Drop Down
Nykommer
Nykommer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hburg01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 mai 2010 at 10:20
haha! okay, looks like "jeg må lære og snakke Norsk så snart som mulig, for og unngå forvirringer, haha!

Bare for ordnes skyld, dere trenger ikke og svare i Engelsk. Gå helt greit og forstår Norsk, men skrive i Norsk er ikke min beste side akkurat nå.

Vi snakkes snart! Jeg bare venter på tegninger så er vi i gang!

Hans
Hilsen,

Hans van der Burg
Dag Cato View Drop Down
FREMO-forummedlem
FREMO-forummedlem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dag Cato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 mai 2010 at 12:45
Hei Hans. Du skriver da norsk kjempebra synes jeg
MVH

DC

Steinsnes? Hvilken Steinsnes?
Amatøren View Drop Down
Viderekommen
Viderekommen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amatøren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 mai 2010 at 13:10
Øvelse gjør mester....Wink
Man lærer så lenge man lever.

Digitalhuset
Vokser stadig, men ikke for store....
Laurenz View Drop Down
Medlem i MJF
Medlem i MJF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 mai 2010 at 13:25
Med fare for spore av tråden; jeg tror jamen vi snart er flere Nederlendere en Svensker her på forumet :-)

Gleder meg til stasjonen nå den kommer!
hburg01 View Drop Down
Nykommer
Nykommer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hburg01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 mai 2010 at 17:40
Zal maar geen Nederlands gaan praten hier Laurenz :-)

Tilbake til emne.
Hvis noen har forslag, eller tegninger så kan du sende dette til meg.
Kan for eksempel godt tenke med at noen ønske og bygge Oslo Station fra fortiden?
For nå skal vi lagre n test production av denne andre station, men høres allerrede ut at dette kan blir en stor sak med masse andre hus i fremtiden.

Har noen peiling hva mye MJ brukere det er i dag, som har en tog-ban hjemme!?

Hans
Hilsen,

Hans van der Burg
Stian View Drop Down
Medlem i MJF
Medlem i MJF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 mai 2010 at 20:56
Jeg vil gjerne bestille 1 slikt sett av snarum stasjonSmile
Norsk matriell en gang på 60-70tallet

Mvh stian
Roger View Drop Down
Fremo og MjF medlem
Fremo og MjF medlem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 mai 2010 at 21:03
Hei!

Har du noen bilde-eksempler på byggesett kameraten din har laserskjært fra tidligere?
Appropos tegninger ligger det noen svenske hus her, men mange kan benyttes som norske også.
Med vennlig hilsen

RGER
“Det finnes ett forbilde for alt”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>