MODELLJERNBANEFORENINGEN I NORGE (MJF) - forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ESU ECoSControl radio og ESU mobile control.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
steppen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steppen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ESU ECoSControl radio og ESU mobile control.
    Posted: 17 februar 2008 at 20:07
Det har vært litt turbulens på ESUs supportforum etter at de annonserer nå annonserer ECoSControl radio, kun få uker etter at de gjorde tilgjengelig firmware som kunne konvertere Mobile control til direkte bruk med ECoSen. Jeg har hentet litt info fra ESU support som gjengis her (orginalteksten er tysk og jeg har oversatt til engelsk så godt jeg kan. Håper dette gjør det mer tilgjengelig):

Hello forum participant, I would like to get some things straight on the topic around the ECoSControl radio. The discussion in the last days was in our opinion not always fair and objective and requires commentating.

First of all to the technical distinction:
•     Mobile control 51100 has been available since 2004, and was originally meant for use with 6021 or x-bus systems.
•     Mobile control 50100 was announced in 2007, for operation with the ECoS.
•     For 51100 we offer free of charge (!) an update, so it can be operated with a ECoS.

It is now so that that ESU in Nuernberg announced the successor 50100, the ECoSControl radio. This step became necessary, because the radio chip used in 50100 was discontinued, and besides the 433 MHz radio engineering is not internationally usable.

For the new 2.4 GHz technology we will use a receiver module for the installation into the ECoSlot, for permission-technical reasons. The result is that 50100 cannot be operated together with the ECoSControl.

It is correct that 50100 thus relatively soon after appearance becomes a running out article. However we still will be able to offer development of the mobile control for some time. Thus here can not be any speech of "rip off". The MC 50100 functions as announced to the ECoS. From our viewpoint this remains to hold:
•     We will offer an update within the next days, with which one can shift 51100 again into the original condition. Whether you accomplish this and which use this have for you, everyone has to decide for himself.
•     Each customer who acquired a 50100 mobile control for ECoS between 01.01.2008 and 08.02.2008 (date of the purchase voucher!), and sends this completely - together with the purchase voucher - to ESU at the latest 07.03.2008, will receive a ECoSControl radio directly from us when it is ready for delivery. Thus everyone can decide whether they will wait for the ECoSControl radio or would like to remain with mobile control.
•     Also we will continue to maintain the software for 50100 mobile control to the certain extent.

I hope I with this have answered all questions around ECoSControl radio and mobile control. We so far always have found customer-friendly solutions and will do this also in the future.

Edited by steppen - 17 februar 2008 at 20:13
Mvh Stein
TomB View Drop Down
Viderekommen
Viderekommen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 mars 2008 at 10:49
Hei Stein.

Siden du har laget innlegg om saken får jeg komme med mitt.

Jeg bestemte meg for å bytte inn min 50100 som jeg fikk i januar.

Jeg går utfra at RadioControlleren blir oppgradert på en annen måte enn en MC. De strides om den nye er enhånds. Da faller noe av vitsen bort. Men den er snorløs og har alt som ECoS"en har på displayet.

Valget ble derfor å bytte og jeg sendte min MC til Esu Support Team i Ulm i dag. Skal vi tro at den nye kommer om 2 måneder ??
mvh

Tom Blikstad, Asker

HO, Tysk/sveitsisk forbilde, Märklin K, Esu ECoS, Viessmann, Kühn, MBTronik, WinDigipet, WinTrack
steppen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steppen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 mars 2008 at 16:32
Når jeg ser dit innlegg om "å ta en kopp te" - dvs. utålmodig venten på ECoS firmware 1.1.2 - så tror jeg du kan smøre deg med litt mer tålmodighet.

Jeg tipper at den kommer i siste halvdel av tredje kvartal..

Nå var jeg aldri på messen i Nürnberg og har derfor aldri holdt i den. Men tipper to hender vil bli mest brukt.

For min del ble det til at jeg beholder min MC, og så får vi se på om det blir ny kontroller i tillegg etter den blir sluppet.
Mvh Stein
 Post Reply Post Reply