MODELLJERNBANEFORENINGEN I NORGE (MJF) - forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Japanese N-scale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
martijn View Drop Down
Nykommer
Nykommer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Japanese N-scale
    Posted: 29 juli 2006 at 18:23

Hei!

First of all, even though the post is in English, I do live in Norway (Oslo to be more precise), and I do read and understand Norwegian, but writing and speaking is a problem ;)

Anyway, I"ve recently started collecting Japanese trains in N-scale, and I was wondering if there"s other people around the Oslo area with the same interest. I"m generally interested in (model) train, and I"ve also got several Marklin H0 sets and locomotives, and a Marklin Z starter set (mostly bought to experiment with digital and Z) Back in Holland, where I"m originally from, we also had initiall H0 and later a large collection of N-scale.

I always liked Japanese trains, but it wasn"t until recently that I found a helpful dealer in Germany who helped me get started by answering a whole barrage of questions. The idea is to make several modules with mixed operation, no specific era nor region, and everything digital using mostly Lenz.

So, anyone around with even the slightest interest in Japanese trains, or am I a rare breed? ;)

Regards,
Martijn.

rosenblad View Drop Down
Medlem i MJF
Medlem i MJF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosenblad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 juli 2006 at 10:56

Hi Martijn!

You ask if there is anyone with the slightest interest in Japanese trains here and yes, I am one of those. I haven"t got any Japanese models left, since they were all stolen when we moved from Japan to Norway. I am seriously considering a purchase (in HO scale) and I wish you all the best in building your Japanese "empire" in Oslo! We probably are a rare breed but I can"t see anything wrong with that!

Best Wishes,

Tom

frankm View Drop Down
Viderekommen
Viderekommen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 juli 2006 at 21:22
Beste Martijn,

Leuk dat iemand ook Japans bouwt. Heb nooit Japanse treinen in een Noorse winkel gezien, dus er zal wel weinig Noren zijn dat een even bijzondere interesse hebben :)
Ben van plan om volgend jaar naar het land van de stijgende zon te gaan, moet eerst wat beter in het Japans worden. Misschien heb ook wat tijd om wat treintjes te kopen…
Als je foto’s van je treinen hebt, kan je misschien een paar van hun met ons delen?

Eller på Norsk: kult at noen bygger japansk. Har aldri sett japanske modelltog i norske butikker så er vel få nordmenn som har slike ”sære” interesser. :)
Planer er å dra til den stigende solens land neste år, men først må japansken forbedres.
Kanskje blir det tid til å kjøpe noen tog…
martijn View Drop Down
Nykommer
Nykommer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martijn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 august 2006 at 14:43
Wow, Dutch.. Who"d have expected that ;)

Anyway, my first Japanese train I actually bought at Amundsen in Oslo. It"s a Kato 800 series Shinkansen (better know as bullet train). He had that one because he sells Noch, and Noch imports a couple of Kato items. I ordered 2 more sets there (about 4 months ago) but no luck so far. The rest I"ve ordered from a store in Germany which specializes in a variaty of Japanese toys.

Never been to Japan myself either, but always liked their trains and their culture, definately will visit it many times, just not sure when I"ll start. I"m not much into traveling alone, especially not to a far away and strange place like Japan ;)

No pictures of the trains yet, since my old digital point and shoot camera has been loaned out for about 2 years by now, but my new DSLR is waiting for me at the post office to pick up. So hopefully there"ll pictures soon of all my trains.

On a sidenote, any good clubs in the Oslo area that have N-scale? Or even H0 scale for that matter? Never been in a club before, the only one I knew about in Holland was too busy scratchbuilding trees with every weekly meeting, so it wasn"t very interesting ;)

Edited by martijn - 01 august 2006 at 14:45
frankm View Drop Down
Viderekommen
Viderekommen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 august 2006 at 15:18
I can see Kato has a hobby centre in both Tokyo and Osaka. Would be cool to visit the one in Tokyo if I have time and not to forget; are allowed to do so...
Prices, as far as I can read, are also quite sensible...

Edited by frankm - 01 august 2006 at 15:19
 Post Reply Post Reply